River Island Co Clothing (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the UK GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018, the Data Controller is River Island. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed (and for how long) by us in connection with our recruitment processes. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).
We use Pinpoint, an online software product provided by The Infuse Group Ltd (t/a Pinpoint Software), to assist with our recruitment process. We use Pinpoint to process personal information as a data processor on our behalf. Pinpoint is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. Where you apply for an opportunity posted by us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal information, in addition to our other Privacy Notice which is available on our website.
Your Personal Information - Information we collect from you
In connection with your application, we will collect, store, use and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you have provided to us in your CV and/ or covering letter when you apply for a role.
- Information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, experience, skills, and qualifications.
- Information provided through an online application, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Details of your visits to our careers website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, the site that referred you to our careers website and the resources that you access.
Information we collect from other sources
- Pinpoint, which provides us with the facility to link the data you provide to us with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
- Pinpoint’s technology enables us to search various databases, which may include your personal data, to find possible candidates to fill our job openings. Where we find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
- We also collect personal data from our recruitment agency as set out directly below.
- Your named referees.
Who has access to your data?
- Your information will be shared internally, including with HR and the recruitment team, and accessible to personnel of the hiring team for any vacancy specifically assigned to them.
- For certain roles, we may also use an external recruitment agency, Revoco. That means that Revoco will, as part of the recruitment process, use Pinpoint to upload information shared by a candidate. Such information will be accessible to Revoco, our internal HR and the hiring team.
- Revoco will also be able to access information uploaded on Pinpoint by an applicant, internal recruitment or HR team for certain roles.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Uses made of your information
Lawful basis for processing
We process your personal data only on the basis of one of one of the following conditions:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- you have given the consent to the processing of your personal data;
- our legitimate interest to recruit staff for our business.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
In addition to the above, we may use anonymised (non-identifiable) information from candidates to help Pinpoint improve their services.
Automated decision making / profiling
We may leverage Pinpoint’s technology to help us select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria we have identified. The process of finding suitable candidates is automatic, however, any decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening will be made by our team.
How we store your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in any unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to view it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you and process using Pinpoint’s Services will be transferred to and stored at one of several datacentre locations in Amsterdam (Netherlands) and may be synchronised to one of several datacentre locations in London (United Kingdom) for backup and redundancy purposes. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How long we keep your personal data
We retain all candidate data for a period of 48 months from the time of application. Your personal information will be deleted on one of the following occurrences: ·
- Deletion of your personal information by you via the Manage Your Data tool
- Within 30 days from the date that we receive a written request.
Sharing your personal data - Your rights
Under the UK GDPR and the GDPR you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include rights to:
- access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address (commonly known as a “data subject access request”)
- request correction any mistakes in your information which we hold about you
- request erasure of personal data concerning you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- request transfer of your personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing , and of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground
- otherwise restrict the processing of your personal data to another party
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please either:
- utilise the Manage Your Data tool provided
- or contact us using our contact details below, ensuring we have enough information to identify you, proving your identity and address and confirming which information to which your request relates
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. All questions, comments and requests regarding this notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The UK GDPR and the GDPR also give you right to lodge a complaint with you supervisory authority where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.